BioPest Hawking Service
Pigeons carry a number of potentially infectious diseases such as salmonella, tuberculosis and ornithosis and therefore they can represent genuine health risks if left uncontrolled and to breed.
As with most birds, pigeons will always go back to the same area they were born in to breed again, so having the correct form of control in place such as Hawking, will help disperse the pest bird thus breaking the breeding cycle, preventing the pigeons from returning and nesting/breeding again.
- 32 cm long
- Blue-grey in colour (although other colours are common)
- 2 – 3 broods per year, with 2 eggs in each clutch
- 17 – 19 day incubation period
- Young birds spend 35 – 37 days in the nest
- Feeds on seeds, green feed, domestic scraps in and around cities, near roosting sites
- Nests on ledges
- Fouling is a potential contamination risk
Their droppings can often create an unsightly mess in areas you may not be aware of including stairwells and rear of premises. These will create health and safety problems and can potentially compromise businesses during health and safety inspections
As well as the health risks associated with pigeons and seagulls, they also carry parasites such as lice, ticks, fleas, mites and many more, which in turn then can become pests to humans.
BioPest Management Ltd offers expert bird prevention and control services to protect your home and business from a wide range of birds. Our experienced, efficient and professional bird control team will prevent birds such as gulls and pigeons from damaging your building, nesting in your facility and causing unappealing sights and smells for your staff and visitors.
Gulls are now prevalent in residential and commercial areas throughout the UK including inland regions. Recent research and media reports have even suggested their numbers inland may be partly due to them mistaking motorway and road networks for rivers. They can be destructive and disruptive to businesses, creating an unsightly mess and damage in public areas, to street furniture, roofing and building structures. Their presence can be a nuisance to customers and residents. It is very common to have parent gulls swooping down on humans and small animals when they are in close proximity to the nesting gulls or when they have their young close by.
We take legislation and law very seriously within the pest control industry so each job with have a full Risk Assessment and Method Statement presented prior to any works starting.
- Transmission of disease
- Economic Loss
- Fear and Distress
- Health and Safety risks
- Associate insect pests
BioPest Management Ltd – ‘Naturally Controlling Pest Birds’
Falconry response is nature’s way of dealing with pest issues. The trained hawks and falcons are introduced into the nuisance bird’s environment to deter them from nesting. Having a natural predator patrolling the area simulates hunting patterns and installs natural fear into the nuisance birds, allowing them to move on to other areas. The hawks and falcons are trained specifically not to hunt.
Why use falconry for bird control instead of bird proofing?
Sometimes bird proofing isn’t an option. A building may be listed or the size of the building could make proofing impractical. You may have nuisance birds in a wide open area, such as a landfill or farmland, where proofing is just not a viable bird control solution. Our expert bird control teams will be able to determine whether falconry will be an effective recommendation for your site, when we complete a complementary site survey for you.
- Industry experts with over 30 years’ experience
- Free site survey and advice
- Designated account manager
- Humane control method
- Largest team of specialist falconers in the U.K.
Other Pest Bird Prevention methods:
- Secure and effective bird prevention netting
- Safe and secure bird spikes
- Installation of bird wire systems to reflect aesthetics of building
- Specialists in Hawking Programmes to deter pest birds
- Breed and train our own Birds of Prey
- Train and develop our own Falconers
- Highly trained and qualified Hawking team
- Falconers trained and qualified in customer service
- Safe fouling removal and cleaning service
- Abseiling where required to get to those difficult areas
- Pigeon deterrents
- Use of special Gels where required
- Egg and nest removal
- Bird scaring for Gulls and winter roosting starlings
Please contact BioPest Management Ltd. today for expert advice and support regarding our Hawking service and all other forms of pest bird control.